Saturday, May 10, 2014

Key Rack/Necklace Holder



There is a beautiful and talented young lady in our church who I am getting to know little by little. She has a beautiful voice and what a gift it is! She is graduating high school this week and I was so touched she gave us an invite to her recital and her graduation party.

By now I am sure you know that I will make any gift I can! This was no exception. I took an 8x10 canvas and covered the edges with embossing powder. This particular powder was an antiqued ivory look. I found a 12x12 paper I liked for her. The antiqued look and the music paper was perfect. 



I cut the paper to size, sanded the edges, mod podged the paper to the canvas, and found a calligraphy R online that I liked. Her name begins with R so this was appropriate. I thought the style fit well with the antique/vintage look. I used a gold sharpie marker to draw the R and outlined it with a sepia colored Micron 05. 



Screw some hooks in the bottom... And voila! While this was fairly quick to put together, the fun is in picturing her face. I know she is a Jane Austen fan as well as anything vintage. I used the first letter of her first name because then she could still use it should she get married one day. 

I was so happy with how this came out but I have to admit I was tempted to keep this one. My last name starts with R. But then, I struggle to part with any of my creations. 




Congrats on your graduation Rachel and I hope you enjoy this for many years to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...