Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Filofax Tips and Tricks

Hello. It's been a while I know. Well, let me start by sharing my latest intrigue. 

Drum roll please.... 

FOUNTAIN PENS



Yes, these handy tools are quite awesome and I didn't give them much thought til I started getting into modern calligraphy. The website I order from www.gouletpens.com has not only awesome pens, but wonderful customer service. They answered questions, helped me choose pens, and they always add that extra personal touch to the things they do. You will always get a personal note with your order and a lollipop. Yes, the lollipop is totally worth it! 




So, when perusing the site one day I noticed they now carry Filofax brand products. Having never really used these, I didn't give them much thought. Gouletpens does some awesome reviews of products and it was super helpful for me to decide which one to try. I got the small pocket Filofax in turquoise and several fountain pens. Let me share with you some of the things I am doing with it. 

First things first, I had to add my zentangle in the front. A great reminder that this planner thing does not need to be overwhelming. Filofax pages are removable too so I was able to switch them around to my liking and I can always move my to do list to the front. Gotta have the washi tape. So pretty. 



Next came a calendar. This one was a free printable that I manipulated on my scanner several times over to get it the size and shape I wanted. Etsy has lots of printables though so I am looking forward to checking them out more. 



Washi tape tabs. The Filofax comes with some plastic tab dividers but I didn't much care for the colors and I wanted to take them out for the space they took up. 



My midor passport book. This little book came in a notebook sampler from Goulet. The inspiration struck me today that I could simply put a rubber band down the center and add it into the back of my Filofax! If you don't like a rubber band, try some pretty twine. Sparkle twine is always pretty. 




And lastly, I keep a stock of random washi tape pieces in the back for use on the go. They re-stick easily when ready to use and it saves me the trouble of going through my three boxes of washi tape because who can pick just one!? 




I am looking forward to exploring this more. I am not a super organized person and I know I need to be more organized. Hopefully this will help me out. I am not feeling overwhelmed with this one because I can customize it and I can tear out pieces I don't want to use anymore. I can keep it fresh and fun constantly. I have tried many other planners in the past and eventually they all fail me. I walk away from them half done and look at them later feeling guilty I didn't use all the pieces in the book. 



Do you have any planner tips and tricks that work well for you? Please tell me about them in the comments below! I would love to hear them! 

Thanks for checking this out today and have a great day. 



Update: I just made Filofax pocket printable pages and loaded them on the Etsy shop! They are Jane Austen themed! Check them out! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...