Thursday, March 6, 2014

Target Success!


As you probably have learned by now I am a bargain hunter. I shop the dollar bins at most stores looking for the ever elusive craft supplies on the cheap. I am also looking extra hard now because I am always keeping my eye out for neat things for my secret sister. Enter that lovely store called TARGET!



I went to Target yesterday with my family on the all incusive family Mega Bloks hunt. (My hubby likes to shop for the Halo Mega Bloks and yes we literally shop all stores for them. So going yesterday was his idea, not mine.) And as you all know when you walk into Target there in glorious array at the front of the store is the Dollar Bins. The angels sing and the heavens open up to shine a light on these lovely places. So while the hubs and the son went to the toys, the adorable daughter and myself gravitated towards the Dollar Bins.  We spent a lot of time there. We thoroughly searched each bin and made careful decisions. And we weren't done looking even when the hubs and son came back to the front of  the store in defeat for they had not been successful in their hunt for new toys. However, I was! 






Looking at the receipt you will see that I spent just under $20. This is glorious. I not only found a couple of headbands for my daughter, but I found washi tape, jars, bags, cards, and even a new little kit to grow basil (a much used herb in our house). 


Here is the breakdown: 
Hello Kitty Headband: $1.00
5 Washi Tape: $1.00
Set of 4 Pens: $1.00
24 Cards and Envelopes: $3.00
Purple Bow Headband: $1.00
Basil Kit: $1.00
6 Mini Bags: $1.00
2 Small Jars: $2.00
Tall Glass Jar: $3.00




I had such a blast picking this stuff out. I plan on putting together a little something for my secret sister out of this. Either a set of cards, pens, and washi tape, or a couple of jars of fun food stuffs like sprinkles or sugars and putting them in the handy dandy bags. I will keep you posted on what I ultimately do with it all but I just had to share. There are too many awesome things in the dollar bins to pass them by. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...