Tuesday, March 19, 2013

DIY Coasters



Remember those tiles I bought a while ago? Well, I found some gorgeous paper for my friend Carolina. Her wedding was a peacock theme so no anything I see with peacocks makes me think of her. I try not to overwhelm her with these gifts. I could easily see her getting tired of the peacocks.



Anyway, through the magic of text messaging I sent her pictures of al the papers in the stack and then she picked out four she really liked.



Before I got started I put the little adhesive dots on the back of the tile. People have recommended felt to protect your table from the hard edge of the tile. I prefer these dots because they are so quick and easy.



Cut your paper to size and mod podge away! First a layer under the paper to adhere to the tile....



Then a layer over to seal the paper. If you have outdoor mod podge for this step you may not need to clear spray them to seal. I do not so I prefer a layer of clear spraypaint to help seal the paper from any moisture. Regular mod podge will eventually absorb the water and become sticky again, so seal it!



These are so cute and I am actually a little jealous of these peacock colors! Wish I had them in my house. Carolina, I hope you love them!









1 comment:

  1. these are o awesome!! that peacock one is my fave!! I Haven't made coasters in a while, but I do have some I just found while purging my office space! thanks for your kind words on my blog- maybe they will let me do another give away sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...