Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Zentangle



Alright, so if you don't know what Zentangle is just google it. Basically there are small squares of paper, a fine tip marker or pen, and a pencil. You make a doodle, divide it into spaces, and fill each of the spaces with a repetitive doodle. My friend Brooke gave me a sample starter kit and I just fell in love with this. For me it is relaxing and a study in patience. It's also out of my comfort zone since you are working with patterns and random shapes.





Creating or drawing for me would usually take on a real form, like a flower or a tree. But to try to do patterns and patiently shade them in was a good practice for me.





In fact, these are so simple that even my kids can take a basic shape like a letter and divide it into many sections, filling them in with patterns and ideas. This was my basic breakdown for them.



Well, I loved this so much I started to look at the possibility for camp crafts. While pinning the many ideas I found a fantastic one for taking a face in a magazine and tangling around that. I started with the typical adds we see. I found this one for Drano. I love her face. I decided she would be my perfect sorceress!



I cut out the picture and glued it onto my paper. I then used a pencil to start drawing in my outlines for the picture. Using my pen I made patterns in the sections I divided.



The hardest part was her hand. I'm not entirely pleased with it but I love the overall effect. Take a look at the whole Zentangle craze and see what you think. Anyone can do it and I bet you could be as addicted as I am!
Have fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...