Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Shadow box/Drawer organizer



Who has leftover wood boxes from those Melissa And Doug stamp sets? You know what I mean. These stamp sets, and other wood sets they sell, come in divided boxes that the kids either make really messy or eventually lose enough pieces to warrant the disuse of the box. In our case, I was tired of the stamps never fitting back in the box the right way.





I decided that a can of spray paint was in order to revive these and make a new use for them.



Once the paint was dry I thought about maybe putting scrapbook paper in the back of the compartments to create some interesting effects. I still might one day. But I like the stark brown look right now.



It made my 'treasures' pop and who cares about what goes behind the makeup in a drawer organizer like this?



Can you think of other ways to use these? I'm sure you can! Don't expect perfection in these boxes tho. If you look closely you'll notice the compartments aren't completely square and the wood not totally smooth. That is because they are hastily put together with soft woods that can bend and mold to the task. This probably saves the manufacturer time since the wood doesn't have to be cut at a precise measurement but it didn't bother me that much. In essence, I bought my kids stamp sets and got a free shadow box/drawer organizer. Win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...