Monday, April 8, 2013

Zentangle craft

Inspired by a fellow tangler from a post she did on ztforkids I questioned her in the comments seeking ideas to make zentangle simpler for kids at camp and she replied! Wow! Amazing to get a response like that. And she was so helpful and had many neat suggestions to my query. Thus I share with you now a simple way to tangle, or kids:

Use a leaf and a graphite stick for rubbing the outline of the leaf. Once you have your basic lines, use your micron, (in this case because it is a summer camp craft I experimented with a fine tip black sharpie the kids will use) and trace the lines that form the veins in the leaf. Now, tangle in the spaces, and use an eraser to clean of all the graphite when finished. Here is the result.

Think kids will like it?




So this is an update although a little late. 
These are the finished projects of some of the kids! We tangled on the paper and then mod podged and tangled on a tile. The last picture is the one I did as an example. The finished product looked really nice and the kids really enjoyed it! 

The second day we cut out the leaves and mod podged both under the leaf to adhere it, then over top to seal it. They were then able to draw on the tile I embellish it with more tangles or just their cabin name. We mod podged the entire thing then. Our supplies were copy paper, leaves, charcoal, fine sharpies (because they are kids) tiles and mod podge.

 To make it waterproof for a trivet, simply spray clear spraypaint over the mod podge. . These were unique and a wonderful momento of their time at camp. Now it's your turn! Have fun! 




2 comments:

  1. I love this! I can't stop admiring it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks so much. I hope you have fun with it! It really is inspiring to look around and see tangles everywhere. Some great resources to look for are tanglepatterns.com and also just doing a general search for zentangle. Enjoy.

      Delete

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...