Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tangle Cross Challenge

Recently I have been having fun taking on a challenge created by Sandy Steen Batholomew. She shared an example in one of her books whereby you create tangle cross charts. The idea is a brain stretching exercise that uses your creatiity with the tangles in a new way.


For me it has resulted in a lot of unique combinations and  neat way to learn new patterns that I previoulsy would not have thought to try. 


I tend to prefer more curly and wavy tangles so using a grid or hard straight edges is not something I would gravitate towards. I have also found a new appreciation for some of these tangles I never would have thought to use myself. 


And the combinations are absolutely endless. I really like some of the crossed results more than the original tangle. Maybe it's because I have come up with it myself or maybe it is the uniqueness in them. Either way, this is an exercise I plan to continue. It will help me learn new tangles and continue to stretch me creatively. I like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...