Sunday, February 10, 2013

DIY Knife Block Makeover

I want to go from this:



To this:



This is my new project on a weekend filled with some fun DIY's. I am inspired to try to paint my own letter 'R' and yet I am intrigued by my recent success with scrapbook paper.


First I sanded the block and spray painted the entire thing brown. I used two coats.

Looking at my scrapbook paper I saw I had several options.





First I looked at the sunflowers since I saw they would naturally go with the brown.




I also looked at the cute owl. I love the adorable little owl and his 'Hoot Hoot'. Plus I love the blue in this.








I decided on the owl. And keeping with simplicity, I did not add any other details. I used mod podge to seal the paper and to attach it to the block. I sealed the entire block with clear spray paint. This looks great. I am happy with how it turned out.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...