Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Subway Art DIY

Does this count as subway art? I love this print I found on Pinterest. I absolutely love Jane Austen and thought I could mod podge the paper to the canvas.



I printed three copies, one of which was centered for an 8x10.





After several unsuccessful tries, I found that regular printer paper wasn't doing what I wanted it to do. Many bubbles and wrinkles.



I decided to use a sharpie and mimic the lettering. The beauty of this was I was able to place things where I wanted them and use whatever fun colors were on hand.
Pretty happy with the end result. Want to hang it in my reading nook but we'll see what happens. I don't want this to look cheesy so I may update it later with paint.



Fair warning: if you do use a sharpie and decide to seal it with clear spray paint then be sure that the ink has had ample time to dry. The chemicals in the paint may make the colors run if you are not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What coloring tools should I use in a coloring book?

YOU : So Chelsea, what coloring tools should I use?  ME :  I'm glad you asked that random blog reader. The answer is, whatever o...